I write this post as a part of my “Addressing Studio Creative Practice” course to ask the right questions to myself to help guide a self discovery and through my project as well.

  The issues that came to my mind was "sleeping and the feeling of shutting down" and because it is my field "fashion/costume design" and "why is fashion/costume design does not considered as art, how can it be presented as a form of art?".


  The last question concerns me the most and I want to focus on that since I want to use fashion and textiles as a part my project and find a way to present it as an art form.






1st*


I write this first post as a part of my “Addressing Studio Creative Practice” course to find the answers to the questions such as “What do I love the most?” , “ Why do I love them?” to help guide a self discovery.


  When I asked myself the thing I love the most, the first thing came to my mind was "to sleep". Not because I love sleeping that much, but quality sleeping is what I lack the most. So I want to continue on sleep deprivation and sleeping disorders and its psychological and physical effects. But mostly on the effects on myself and how I experience them.

  The thing I love most about sleeping is the feeling of shutting down, the darkness and the silence and being completely alone, not the disorders. I also want to focus on those missing feelings.

  For five years of my childhood I had night terrors followed by seizures and they were only in my sleep. Even though I can not remember the attacks, because it is the thing about seizures that you can not remember them and it is very strange to me that I remember a part of my life only as a feeling.I could not describe the feeling and I hope to find a way to describe it more through my experiences and solid information on it.


Comments